I was so thrilled when I was asked to join a group of online scrapbooking designers in a a 5-day online workshop to share inspirational ideas with our blog readers based on 5 hot trends:
Neon, Sequins, Handmade Embellishments, Stitching and Textured layers.
Welcome to Let's get Trendy Now!3
My Trend is Handmade Embellishments
and here is my project:
My Trend is Hand made embellishments and I made these two little pink birds our of paper. You can read how I made these birds below.
You can see more inspirational projects featuring the use of handmade embellishments at the Let's Get Trendy Now!3 blog.
I loved using all these Prima flowers for this project. I've been wanting to make a bird house for a while with Prima flowers and I finally got the chance.
Here is how I made the birds:
1. I stamped a bird with pink ink.
2. I embossed it with clear embossing powder.
3. I stuck two birds back to back to each other with foam squares to create dimension.
4. I stuffed some light molding paste in between the birds to fill in the gap.
5. Finally I outlined with a pink pearl pen to hide the molding paste.
This Project was inspired by the PPP palette at Prima. I just loved the bright summery colors and they fit perfectly with the bird house.
Wooden Bird House: Dollar Store
Flowers and vines: Prima
Shimmerz Jeni b Blue spray
Crafters Workshop Cherry Blossom stencil
To make the Birds:
Ranger Clear embossing powder
Pink color mix from Donna Salazar
Pink pearl pen
Light Molding paste