https://kerentamir.blogspot.com.au/https://kerentamir.blogspot.com.au/p/publications.htmlhttps://kerentamir.blogspot.com.au/p/past-design-teams.htmlhttps://kerentamir.blogspot.com.au/search/label/videotutorialhttps://kerentamir.blogspot.com.au/p/upcoming-classes.htmlhttps://kerentamir.blogspot.com.au/p/online-workshops.htmlwww.kerentamir.com

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Eyes are the Window to the Soul- GD for Scrap Friends

Last month I won the Yummy Palette Challenge over at the Scrap Friends blog.
Hence they invited me to participate in this month Yummy Palette #10


This is a picture of my kids sitting in front of our fireplace after a very cold afternoon. We came home a few weeks ago from school and found ourselves with a broken furnace. I took the kids to my parents house while my husband called a repair man. Thank G-d he was able to fix it on time and we came back home that same night. The house was still cold so we sat in front of our fireplace to warm up.


I struggled a little with this palette as I usually scrap with similar colored tones on my layouts. For example I'll make a blue layout and will incorporate different shades of blue, green or purple. Seldom do I combine so many different colors together so I struggled with the blue and pink hues. However I'm quite pleased with my result!!



I used 3 different 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces for this layout: Doilies, Title and Edith Frame

Doilies (unit of 3) The Eyes Title (unit of 3) Frame Edith's (unit of 3)

I truly love the quote from this chipboard title. Its one of my favorites!! I had to cut it out  into pieces so I could spread it on my layout across the page.





I used these beautiful Pion Design Papers from the Grandma's School book collection.
Grandma's School book- School book PD2511B
Grandma's School book- Little Girl PD2501B
Grandma's School book- Blue Wings PD2504B
Alma's Sewing Room- Blue Room-PD3402B


Materials:
Papers: Pion Design
Flowers: Recollections, MHC
Chipboard: 2 Crafty
Crystals: Recollections
Martha Stewart Punched border
Fluid Chalk dark bark
Martha Stewart Satin acrylic paint: sand
Glitz designs script stamp

I hope you have a fabulous day!!!

21 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Utterly gorgeous, as always, Keren! I struggled a little with this palette too...but like you, quite like the end result :)

Lizzy Hill said...

We all struggled....& yet, I LOVE what everyone came up with...no exception here...this is soooo I dunno...has a real strong feel - sense of time & place to it. Totally lovely:):):):)

Julene Matthews said...

This looks awesome Keren, LOve the touch of different colours without them overwhelming the layout.Pretty flowers and doileys too.

Sandra said...

Keren I love the back view of the children sitting in front of the fire, it took me straight back to my childhood at my grandmother's house. I love what you did with this colour palette.

Words and Pictures said...

Unending inspirational layouts - wow!
Alison x

yyam said...

Congrats on being guest designer. It's such a pretty layout! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that photo, the flowers, the doilies and the title is PERFECTION!!!!

li-bee-ti said...

WOW!!! stunning lo, Keren! you did and excellent job with this color palette. I love the vintage/shabby chic look of this lo.
The kids look so lovely, sitting side by side infront of the fire place.

Shona said...

this is gorgeous and congrats on the guest spot :)

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful! Yup that colour combo is challenging, I can see that, but you did wonderfully well with it. Enjoy your weekend xo

Ella Swan said...

Congrats on winning that challenge - your entry was amazing!!

Amarilys said...

simply gorgeous Keren! LOVE how you interpreted the palette and those chippie doilies are gorgeous! beautiful picture and title!

sandi said...

Oh how abaolutely beautiful! Just beautiful!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Wowww,gorgeous page Keren,hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Keren- I think you did a great job with that difficult palette!

xErin

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Congrats on winning this challenge! I think you did a wonderful job with the color challenge!!!!

Chantelle said...

its a great page - love what you have done with this colour challenge - great design too :)

Jasmine S said...

It really was a tricky colour palette but you used it beautifully.

Sandie said...

This is really beautiful, love the title and the photograph is 'wow'!

yyam said...

Love the photo and the story behind it. Beautiful textures and layers.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous page!! Love this color combo and your amazing work with the chippies!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/